It’s Called, Bond… Animal Bond.
The Human Animal Bond is important to the health and well-being of pet owners. More and more households include pets, and most of these pet owners consider their pets to be a family member.
- Many families with a pet report an increase in family happiness and fun
- Pet owners feel safer when walking with a dog or sharing a residence with a dog
- Families with pets have better physical and mental health
- Relating to pets improves relationships with other people
Pets benefit children:
- Children exposed to pets during the first year of life have a lower frequency of allergic rhinitis and asthma
- Children with pets show greater self-esteem, empathy and self-reliance
- Kids with pets are more physically active and involved in activities such as sport, hobbies, clubs or chores
- Pets are a great way to teach children about responsibility and caring for others
Pets benefit seniors:
- Seniors with pets make fewer doctor visits and cope better with stressful events
- Medication costs are lower in long term care facilities that have animals as part of the environment
- Activities of daily living levels deteriorate less with seniors who own pets
Pets are like therapists:
- 33% of married women say their pets are better listeners than their husbands
- 18% of married men say their pets are better listeners than their wives
- 8% of pet owners claim they talk about their personal problems to their pets
Professional Pet Care
Pet owners trust us to look after the needs of their beloved companions. We are specialists committed to delivering the very highest of veterinary care and affection.