TAILS OF HELP ANNOUNCES NEW “PETS & VETS PROGRAM 2023”
TO SUPPORT SICK PETS AND THEIR FAMILIES!
July 1 – Sept. 30: Double Our Applications! & “Double Dollar Donations” Campaign
Tails of Help is asking the veterinary community to spread awareness of this short-term funding opportunity to their clients and the public, to aid even more Albertan families struggling to access care for sick or injured pets:
This program is made possible thanks to a generous donation from the John Bowlen Legacy Flow Through Fund 1 at Calgary Foundation to strengthen Calgary area charities.
- Too many Alberta families are struggling financially, and when their pet is sick or injured it can be devastating if they can’t afford essential treatment.
- With generous support from the John Bowlen Legacy Flow Through Fund 1 at Calgary Foundation, Tails of Help is amplifying the services they currently offer by launching a new funding program to help the sick and injured family pet community in the Calgary region, and a “Double Your Dollars” campaign to increase the impact of pet lover donations toward this worthy cause.
- With generous contributions from other donors and sponsors, Tails of Help is excited to offer the new “Pets & Vets Program 2023” THROUGHOUT ALL OF ALBERTA, to run for a limited three month time period from July 1 until September 30, 2020.
- On behalf of pet owners, local veterinary clinics can apply for Tails of Help treatment funding from the new expanded aid program July 1 – September 30.
Vet annual application funding limits are paused during this period to increase applications!
- Pet lovers please donate to to Tails of Help: All donations during this period are part of our special temporary “Double Your Dollars” promotion!
Thanks to generous support from the John Bowlen Legacy Flow Through Fund 1 at Calgary Foundation,
donations during this special campaign will be matched (up to $100,000), which doubles the impact of your support.
Every donation amount helps. To contribute please click the Donate button at top of Tails of Help website pages.
(takes you to our Canada Helps secure payment processing page)
- For more info about the Tails of Help 2023 “Pets & Vets Program”
—> More info for PET OWNERS IN NEED click here.
—> More info for VETERINARY STAFF click here.
or for questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU again to the John Bowlen Legacy Fund 1 at Calgary Foundation for your tremendous generosity to support this cause for families and furry friends in need!
THANK YOU to the Spirit & Serena Sunderji Fund at Calgary Foundation for a generous grant to support the Tails of Help charitable activities, providing aid for low-income Alberta individuals and families who struggle to access veterinary treatment when their pet is sick or injured.
THANK YOU to the Owen Hart Foundation Flow Through Fund at Calgary Foundation for a generous grant to support the Tails of Help charitable activities, providing aid for low-income Alberta individuals and families who struggle to access veterinary treatment when their pet is sick or injured.
We are proud to announce VCA Canada has renewed their commitment again
this year as our 2022 Premier Level Sponsor for Tails of Help.
“At VCA Canada, we’re pet people too. We understand the importance of your morning
snuggles and the tail-wagging excitement when you come through the door, even if you’re
only gone for five minutes. Your pets are always there for you, so we are always here for
“Caring for life’s greatest companions”
- With 100+ animal hospitals located in 5 provinces, 350+ compassionate
veterinarians in Canada, and access to 525+ board-certified specialists across
North America, we are here for you and your pet.
For more information about VCA Canada, please visit vcacanada.com
Thank you VCA Canada! — for supporting Tails of Help to keep saving more Alberta pets!
We are proud to announce Trupanion as a new Silver Level Sponsor for Tails of Help in 2022.
“At Trupanion, we’re on a mission to help loving, responsible pet owners budget and care for their pets.“
“Medical Insurance for the life of your pet.”
“Insurance for pets, designed by vets:
- Coverage for all new injuries and illnesses*
- We pay the hospital directly — so no more reimbursement
- Unlimited payout for the life of your pet”
Thank you Trupanion! — for supporting Tails of Help to keep saving more Alberta pets!
Tails of Help does Education too!
Keep an eye on our social media pages (Facebook/Instagram) for valuable informative posts to help pet owners with protecting their pets’ health.
You can also find more detailed articles published here on our website “Pet Health” pages. (see our website main menu)
Edmonton Humane Society and Tails of Help
Launch Pilot Project to Keep Pets with their Families
Tails of Help Has Saved More than 1,000 Pets! Aug 2021
Tails of Help is pleased to announce that our volunteer-driven non-profit has just reached a major new milestone: Tails of Help has now saved over one thousand Alberta pets with veterinary treatment since our organization began. Tails of Help relies on public support and donations to keep the treatment program open and saving more pets of at-risk Alberta owners and families. This vitally important cause needs your support. To donate or volunteer, please visit the www.tailsofhelp.ca Home page.
Too many at-risk Alberta residents encounter a situation where they cannot afford needed veterinary medical treatment for a beloved family pet. Without that treatment the pet will endure suffering, or pet owners are forced to make heart-rending decisions to surrender or euthanize their pet. Sometimes these pets are the primary companion, deepest friend, and most loving contact in their owner’s lives. Often, they are essential to the emotional and mental well-being for at-risk members of Alberta society.
The COVID pandemic has been a huge challenge with so many fund-raising and public awareness events activities cancelled or postponed, yet during the past twelve months Tails of Help still aided over 200 more Alberta families to get essential treatment for their pets. Tails of Help expects this significant increased level of need will carry on well into 2022.
Tails of Help is a registered charity dedicated to providing financial assistance for essential health care for ill or injured pets of at-risk pet owners throughout Alberta, including low-income families, persons with disabilities, seniors, and domestic violence victims.
Tails of Help is approved by the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association, the Edmonton Humane Society, the Calgary Humane Society, and supported by the Calgary Foundation.
Please click our DONATE button today to contribute! (top right of our web pages)