The Best Financial Care for your Best Friend
These serve as guidelines for our conduct and decisions as we work toward our vision.
- Service — our focus is on those that we serve, and we strive for excellence through continuous improvement and evaluation.
- Caring — we are committed to serving with empathy, compassion, and understanding.
- Respect — we are committed to serving with consideration and respect.
- Responsiveness — we strive to be accessible, flexible, transparent, and to demonstrate a sense of urgency in our resolve and decision making.
- Integrity — we are committed to act in an ethical, honest manner.
- Accountability — we are committed to achieving, measuring, and reporting our activities, and to using donor dollars wisely.
- Collaboration — we are committed to effective partnerships with our stakeholders and cooperation with other organizations toensure that our efforts are complementary rather than competing with theirs.
YOUR FRIENDLY TEAM • TAILS OF HELP
A future where essential health care for companion animals is accessible to all.
Tails of Help is a registered charity dedicated to keeping Alberta pets healthy and with their families — through education, and financial aid to provide veterinary care for pet owners in need.
TO ACHIEVE THIS, OUR ACTIVITIES WILL BE:
- Provide financial support for essential veterinary treatment of companion animals in the care of individuals of low income or with qualified financial need.
- Promote animal welfare by providing education and information to the public about the care of their companion animals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tails of Help charitable activities will be delivered through participating Alberta veterinary practices. Veterinarians and animal health technologists are essential to program success. As well, Tails of Help encourages ABVMA members, animal rescue and shelter groups to become involved as volunteers in the Tails of Help activities with respect to education, and the reduction of root causes leading to forced and unnecessary surrender or euthanization of pets due to an owner’s financial hardship.
When financial hardship strikes, ill or injured animals are often left untreated, suffering, surrendered, or even euthanized.
Tails of Help strives to reduce the burden on animal shelters, humane societies and social services in the province by keeping pets healthy and with their loving families.
Tails of Help will be measuring results in this program and will report back to donors. We have developed rigorous standards of excellence for performance in all aspects of our operation as a registered charitable organization.
If you have any other questions, please contact us
We provide financial support for essential veterinary treatment of companion animals in the care of individuals of low income or with qualified financial need.