HOW CAN WE HELP?
Veterinarians are often faced with tragic situations where pets are surrendered or euthanized because of financial distress. Clinics provide significant pro bono services, but cannot bear the entire burden alone.
Tails of Help is dedicated to providing financial support to qualified pet owners who find themselves in need of essential veterinary care. Applications for funding are made on behalf of eligible pet owners by participating Alberta veterinary clinics, and rely on veterinarian recommendation of both the animal and the owner for the program.
Any financial support from Tails of Help is supplied directly to the treating veterinary practice entity. Owners are expected to make some financial contribution to the treatment of their animal.
- Qualifying criteria for owners and for patients can be found here
- Application Form to submit a case can be found here
AND ALSO REQUIRED:
- Owner Financial Need Form (required with all applications) can be found here
- (ABVMA member login is required to access these pages)
As of November 2013 we began accepting applications for health care assistance submitted by participating veterinary clinics.
A PARTICIPATING VETERINARY PRACTICE:
- Is an ABVMA certified Veterinary Practice Entity
- Agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the program
- Agrees to evaluate the owner and patient according to the program criteria and nominate only eligible cases and eligible owners
- Agrees to actively engage in activities of Tails of Help including promotion, and/or fund-raising
For detailed Information for Veterinarians: click here to access:
- Detailed qualifying criteria for owners and patients
- Details of the Funding Application Process
- Funding Application Form
(NOTE: above are secured pages, ABVMA member login is required)